Attractions & Things to Do During Your Stay in Penticton Wine Country
Penticton and the surrounding Wine Country offers renowned beaches, superb golf and wine touring opportunities, wonderful outdoor recreation, virtually any water sport you can think of as well as athletic activities, a host of cultural attractions, agri-tourism and, of course, great beaches.
Looking for things to do during your stay in Penticton? Here are our guests recommendations on popular attractions and some which are less known…
- Two crystal clear lakes with miles of clean, sandy beaches (one is right across the street!)
- Why not rent a bicycle built for FOUR, a scooter or a kayak? Check out Fun City right next door to the Golden Sands!
- Seven golf courses within a 30 minute drive
- 150+ superb wineries within a 60 minute drive (Read about Wine Country)
- Skaha Bluffs rock climbing area
- SS Sicamous and the Marine Heritage Park – right across the street!
- Okanagan Amusements – arcade, mini-golf, go karts, bumper boats, batting cages
- Cruise down the river channel, block and a half away.
- Skateboard & BMX Park 1/2 block away.
- Lake City Casino – Lady Luck’s Penticton home!
- Apex Mountain Resort – a year-round alpine experience & great winter skiing & snowboarding!
- LocoLanding Adventure Park – miniature golf, go karts & more
- Fishing – Okanagan Lake, Skaha Lake, and smaller lakes in the area.
- Boating, jet boats, water skiing, wake-boarding, parasailing
- Several Provincial Parks
- Summerland Ornamental Gardens
- Kettle Valley Steam Train (Summerland)
- Kettle Valley Trail – hike, cycle, sight see along historic KVR rail bed.
- Wine Country Travels: wineries, gourmet food, and simply beautiful scenery.
… and much, much more!
The Penticton Farmers Market and the Downtown Market are held every Saturday from May to October in the lower blocks of Main Street downtown.
It’s a wonderful place just to stroll on a Saturday morning. You’ll also encounter musicians, artists and crafters in addition to incredible fresh local and fruit.
A really unique Penticton experience and one that thousands of visitors have raved about!